Monday, July 4, 2011

Geometry and Triangles Math 1512 Post #2

Geometry was my favorite math class of all time.  I took a lot of math courses in high school, but this was by far the easiest.  I'm not a visual learner, but seeing the shapes sure helps me apply the formulas we learn.  Geometry is one of those concepts that people are deathly afraid of.  I guess geometry just makes sense to me!  A line has 180 degrees.  Obviously, if one angle is 35 degrees, we simply subtract to find the missing angle.  To master geometry, I think one must try to remember things such as angles, lines, planes, shapes, and the formulas that come as the main dish.

Here is a neat plain English website that explains many of the topics we covered this week.  It's  a great go-to site for simple questions about the way math is supposed to work.
Math for Morons   :)  I would use this website in my middle school classroom.  I would use it for myself on a regular basis.  It has all of the handy things that are often simple, but yet hard to remember.  I would keep a site such as this in my "favorites" to refer to as a quick reference.  Middle school students are tons of fun!  With that being said, they are also very intelligent and often ask intriguing questions.  I hope to provide answers for my students in all areas of their education.  If I keep good websites in my pocket, I will be able to conquer answer their questions correctly.

On a completely random note, here is a picture of my "notes" for this class. I'm thinking I should consider revising my strategies...as this isn't going to benefit me past next week.  I want to hold on to this information so that I don't forget it AGAIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment